I’m not French but I consume an incredibly excessive amount of Fromage (cheese) and Baguette (a long thin loaf of French bread). It’s so sinful that the only way I can redeem myself and carry on with this overindulgence is by learning French.
So just a month ago together with my overly baked enthusiasm, I signed myself up for intensive French lessons (and with much pain a daily dose of traffic, too).
Imagine how thrilled I was when the professor started teaching us this power phrase “Je voudrais” or “I would like”.
Je voudrais de pain et du fromage, s’il vous plait.
(I would like some bread and cheese, please.)
I felt like I’m almost fluent in French.
Sweetheart, I think I’m ready to go back to France!
Apart from using French language proficiency as a license to overindulge on pain et fromage, here are
5 More Reasons Why You Should Learn French
- French is a world language spoken by more 200 million people across 5 continents. 29 countries consider it as one of their official languages.
- One of the working and official languages of the United Nations, the European Union, UNESCO, NATO, the International Olympic Committee, the International Red Cross, and international courts is French.
- French and English language proficiency open you up to international job markets such as Canada, Switzerland, and Belgium.
- If you love traveling and dream of going to the world’s #1 tourist destination, Paris, your trip will be more enjoyable and insightful when you speak the local language.
- French is also called the language of love and reason. More than any language, it has the most words and expressions related to love. Its melodious sound makes the simplest statement sound so interesting.
Let me share with you some of our photos from Paris, Versailles, and Fontainebleau to get us motivated to learn française
A Quick Snapshot of Touristy Paris
A Day Trip to Versailles
Friends Exploring Fontainebleau
If you’re still not convinced about learning French, well at least sample some French cheeses. Sofitel Spiral Restaurant has a great selection of French cheese for tasting. Last year for Bastille Day (July 14) they brought in 101 different kinds of French cheese worth Php1 million.
Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila Hotel is just very close to SM Mall of Asia (MOA). Here’s their address and phone number.
Barangay 1, CCP Complex Roxas Boulevard, Pasay – Manila, 1099 Metro Manila (02) 551 5555
That’s it for now. Avoir! A bientôt!